We have some fabulous felines and cute canines who are looking for their forever homes. Please note: Animal visits are by appointment only!
Our adoption process is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Complete the Adoption Application at the bottom of this page (or use the printable form), and we will get back to you within about 48 hours. It doesn’t take very long to complete the application, it is not shared with anyone except Stover Animal Rescue adoption staff, and helps us help you find the best animal for your home. Please note: We require that any cats and dogs in the home be spayed or neutered and up to date on vaccines - or have a veterinarian exception. Also, due to long-term pain and disability associated with declawing cats, we cannot recommend this procedure be done for felines!
- Personal interview – let’s talk – by phone, text, or email! We will answer questions, discuss the compatibility of the pet with your home and family, review the adoption contract, coordinate with you for a home visit and when to meet your new pet, and help resolve any concerns you may have.
- Come meet your new family member – let’s see how everyone interacts! Review, complete, and sign the contract, and pay the adoption fee. Be prepared to take your new pet home with you!
- Dogs and puppies begin at $105 – this includes neuter/spay (which is required by law before adoption can be legally final), microchip with registration, and being up-to-date on age-appropriate testing, vaccinations, worming, and flea/tick prevention.
- Cats and kittens begin at $45 – which also includes neuter/spay and being up-to-date on age-appropriate testing, vaccinations, flea/tick prevention, and worming.
- Occasionally there are additional fees for unusual circumstances, usually medical expenses; and sometimes we have adoption specials!
Start your adoption by completing and submitting the Adoption Application below, or use the printable form. Should you have any questions, please read the additional adoption information (see below) or feel free to contact us. Thank you for choosing to adopt!
Connect With Us