We have some fabulous felines and cute canines who are looking for their forever homes. Please note: animal visits are by appointment only. Meet your new pet!
How does adoption work?
- Complete the application form at the bottom of this page (we need at least 48 hours to check with your vet and references). It doesn’t take very long to complete, is not shared with anyone except Stover Animal Rescue adoption staff, and helps us help you find the best animal for your home.
- Make an appointment to meet the pet you are interested in and visit with a staff volunteer who is knowledgeable about the animal – we will answer questions, review the adoption contract with you, finalize fees, and help solve any concerns you may have.
- Arrange for a home visit, based on individual circumstances. This will be coordinated by the adoption staff with your family at times that suit everyone needing to be involved.
- Pay the adoption fee, complete the appropriate contract with us, and take your new pet home with you! Plan to take your new pet to the veterinarian within two weeks to make sure they get started with great care. It’s not required, but we would love to share a picture of you with your new pet with others interested in improving the lives of animals.
What are the fees?
- Dogs and puppies begin at $105 – this includes neuter/spay (which is required by law before adoption can be legally final) and being up-to-date on testing, vaccinations, worming, flea/tick prevention, and microchipping.
- Cats and kittens begin at $45 – which also includes neuter/spay and being up-to-date on age-appropriate testing, vaccinations, flea/tick prevention, and worming.
- In some instances, there are additional fees for unusual circumstances, usually medical expenses; and sometimes we have adoption specials.
Want to know more?
Contact us any time or leave a message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible – we want you to be successful! If the pet does not work out for any reason, you should return him or her to us so we can find the right home for them.
Thank you for choosing to adopt!